I don't have much news to report on Daniel today, which I guess is good! He fell asleep last nigth at 11 pm. I stayed with him. He woke up twice asking for mommy. Then fell right back to sleep. Had some gas pains at 4:20 am, passed them within 20 minutes, but was awake for 1 1/2 hours. So mommy and him watch "Hairspray" on TV. (cute show, by the way) and mom started another one "August Rush" (EXCELLENT movie!). So i've been awake for while! Daddy came up and held Daniel while I ran and did laundry and showered at the RM House. Ran some errands (buy some snacks and food for Kevin while he's here and a few toys for Daniel...he can't play with ones here unless they are wiped clean of all germs. I am not taking chances) So when I got back Daniel was eating lunch. He had sat up for about 45 minutes. His poor little neck and legs are kindof weak from not using the muscles, so he is slowly working his way up the strength again. Anyhow, I held him for a while. He fell asleep, mommy did, too but for just a few minutes because then a nurse came in to show us how to flush his PICC line EVERYDAY! Nobody told us we'd be doing that! I don't think I am liking this PICC line much anymore! Monday and Thursday we have to change the head on it, too! UGH! Oh well! If we can give him shots (which we don't have to do anymore!) then we can clean and flush a PICC line!
Dr. Talley came by to see Daniel. She had her picture taken with him and daddy. It's at the bottom of the email. Daniel ate really well today, played (on a lap of course) and was just himself! It's SO good to see that. Little pain meds. I believe only 2 doses of Tylenol. All over the counter stuff now! YEAH! OH! I forgot! HE POOPED! It's amazing how excited you get over a poopie diaper! Passing a lot of gas still, but his belly is really looking good. Belly button is just a little weird! So we are happy about that. They glued his incisions shut and his left side started peeling off and catching on things. That was painful! So it got cut! Daniel is meeting his goal of 1 liter a day liquid intake. He'll have to meet 1.5 liters when he leaves. Piece of cake! We will need to watch food intake, probably keep a food log. He MIGHT be able to avoid a feeding tube, but that is really rare. They want to make sure he catches up on calories. So maybe one just at night becuase Daniel does eat so well otherwise. So today went well. MIGHT be able to go for a walk tomorrow in the wagon. Kevin will be loning it for the next few days. I fly out tomorrow mornign to go home and see the kids and do my home based business. Monday I'll fly back, Tuesday Kevin flies home for about 2 weeks. They are looking at the end of the week to be released from the hospital. Which, once again, puts Daniel ahead of schedule! So I would have them picking me up from the airport! YEAH! OK...I think that is about all. If I remember something, I'll add it later! OH! My girlfriend from high school (there were 5 of us that hung out together), Nerissa and her husband Eric came by to visit. They are moving from Milpitas to Fremont in a few weeks. Anyhwo, it was SO good to see Nerissa and meet Eric! We have a great visit! At least I think we did. Thanks guys for coming by!
Here is Dr. Talley! We love her and will miss her! (We have a new 'team' now....post-transplant team.)
OK...I can't get her picture on there...I'll have to do it later!
3 days ago

1 comment:
Wow! I am so HAPPY Daniel is doing so well. What a cutie!! He is adorable! And looking so good. Good luck at home. I'll bet it will be nice to see the other boys again.
Post a Comment