We are catheter FREE! I was informed yesterday nothing but liquids 3 hours before. Well, when I get to the hospital they told me it should have been 6 hours! So needless to say, he did it without sedation. But he was more mad at the fact they were holding him down then the actual removal of the cath. I went out to the waiting room (I couldn't be in there!) and picked up my book. I read 6 lines in the book and she came in with Daniel. So in less than 2 minutes it was over! Anyhow, we came back to the RM House for ice cream and Daniel did the cutest ever jig! I think he was just excited he was free!
Last night at BINGO Daniel won 3 times! We are now the proud owner of a Shrek Chia Pet. I bet you are all excited! No, we will no be Ebaying it! So don't even look! Daniel was REALLY excited to pick it out! His 2nd prize he picked out Dora the Explorer 10 games in 1 box. His brothers will have fun with that. And the 3rd prize we gave to a little boy sitting behind us. He was sad he kept losing. But it was fun! Daniel (and mom) had a good time.
Today we did a 'Build-a-Book'. They are from Klutz. They are packages of a blank book, glue, foam shapes, paper, etc to make any kind of book you want! We did a "These are a few of my Favorite things...." book. It is really cute and a lot of fun! I am just amazed at all the fun things they have around here to do for the kids. There are 10 tickets to the Stanford/San Jose Football game this Saturday. 2 weekends ago there were 49er tickets! I am waiting for the Great America ones!
That is about all the news! Thanks for checking! Tomorrow are clinicals, but I already found out tonight his labs came back great! One thing I did find out was that Daniel is really prone to cancer...mostly skin and lymphonic (sp?) That makes sense seeing as he has a lower immune system. So I will have some questions tomorrow about things to do (besides obvious sun screen) to help curb those cancers.....if any.
3 days ago

3 comments:
Yippeee! I am so glad to hear that Daniel is doing good!
Miss you!
Yay! Glad the catheter is out!
Amazing progress. I can't imagine keeping up with all the meds, appts, feeding times, etc...You are an inspiration!!
Post a Comment