Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday report

We started out with a good night's rest! YEAH! Daniel slept well, which I was grateful for! We got up for lab draws and then had to call the on-call ped. nephrologist. She wanted us to wait around the hospital for the results (takes about an hour) and then she wanted to see Daniel. It was Dr. Garro who is actually a fellow (she's a pediatrician studying to specialize in nephrology.) Anyhow, about 1 1/2 hours later, Dnaiel was REALLy tired of the train we were watching and so I called her to tell her we were going to a walk and to have her call my cell phone when she gets results. She was checking with lab even as we spoke. They never received the blood! I gave her my cell phone and she was going to investigate. They did find it, eventually and we met up with her. She called later with the results. Daniel's creatinine levels went down to 0.5. So taht was great! 0.4 is where they'd like them. We'll see on Monday how they do. But his Prograf level (the anti-rejection med in his body) was at 8.6 and it should be betweeen 10 and 13. It's never dove this low. I dont' know....but we are increasing prograf a little this weekend and then we are redrawing blood Monday morning.
Other than that, it was a relaxing day. Did some laundry, Daniel took a nap while I read (started my 3rd book since I've been here!) and then went grocery shopping for some food for whne the family comes TOMORROW! YEAH! Probably won't post anything until Tuesday....so signing off until then!

1 comment:

Story Family said...

Glad to hear that the creatinine level went down. Hopefully the next draw will be better (the anti-rejection one). Have fun with your fam. We miss those boys!