Sunday, September 14, 2008

Some Pictures and a little update

Well, things haven't changed a whole lot since the last blog. That is why I haven't updated. Daniel's lab draw yesterday morning (Saturday) was really good! All his levels were right where they should be or steadily climbing to where they want them. So that was great news! I have some pictures of the things we have been doing so I thought I'd share!

Here are Daniel's old kidneys! That is Kevin's hand next to them. The left set has a darker piece. That is his left kidney. So there were pretty small! The ureter is the little tubes coming down from everything. Pathology had already cut them up and things to study, but it's still amazing to see them!

This is where Daniel and I spend a LOT of time! By the Thomas the Train set! I have gotten a TON of reading done here and will be glad on Tuesday when the catheter comes out and I can sit in the comfy chairs about 10 feet away! But for now I have to watch the urine bag so it doesn't get caught on corners!

This is Daniel one night hooked up to his feeding and talking to Daddy on the phone! So relaxed and acting so big! He loves to tell daddy about his day!

Since Daniel and I can't go to church for 6 weeks after surgery (or any other enclosed area like a movie theater....because of germs) we decided to go up to teh Oakland Temple! So we spent about 3 hours there today. We toured an amazing sculpture exhibit and saw a few other things. Daniel had fun just walking around and around and around!

However, seeing all the families coming and going to church (there is a chapel there on the temple grounds) made me pretty homesick! I guess I acutally miss the chaotic Sunday's we have! :-) Tomorrow morning is our clinical with Tuesday the catheter getting removed, Wednesday is an ultrasound of the bladder with the catheter gone (checking to see if it's alright)...plus another blood draw, Thursday is another clinical and Friday Brenda and her boys are going to come back up. OH! They came up on Saturday and we went to the park and walked around! It was really nice! Then next Sunday .....one week....the family comes to visit! YEAH! Can't wait!

5 comments:

Mommie Dearest said...

He's looking so great in the pictures. (this is Denise's mom by the way). I'm so glad you're keeping everyone posted with updates. Hugs to Daniel and prayers for him and the family.

Hanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hanna said...

Oh! He looks so good! And happy! But who wouldn't be happy to have mommy's attention full time:) Love you guys!

Unknown said...

He looks awesome!! He is so cute! The pic of him on the phone is so adorable!

Story Family said...

It is GREAT to see Daniel up and about. Even going to the temple grounds for three hours! Wow! I can't get over how amazing that is. Love the updates.