3 days ago
Thursday, September 11, 2008
HOLY COW! I'm behind!
Sorry for the delay in reports. Now that I am back and away from the hospital, I don't have as easy access to the computers. There is a nice computer lab here at the RMH, but I seem to be out when it's open. I'll have to make sure I'm here. Well, Monday I flew back to California. Daniel was mad at me and wouldn't look at me. He wouldn't even come to me. But, he saw an airplane and shouted "PLANE!" and that was it! Kevin filled me in that evening on all the new meds, feeding tubes, labs and clinicals we had to be to. (Clinicals are just the doctor's appts to go over labs and check Daniel out. We see the nurse, doctors and sometimes surgeon.) Anyhow, my head was spinning a little, but it was all written down! Kevin did a good job! Tuesday morning we got up for the first of supposedly 2 weeks of daily labs and headed back up to the hospital. We then went to his clinicals. Daniel's creatinine level was increased to 0.5 and they want it at 0.2 or 0.3. So luckily it went down to 0.4 for Tuesday and this morning it's back at 0.3. So we are VERY happy for that! Also, we are going to twice a week labs! YEAH! So he is responding very well to the meds and things, so we are VERY happy about that! Mostly because we can sleep in now! :-) Labs were at 7:30 or 7:45 am! UGH! Just need to be up by 8 am now for meds! Our day consists of labs and sometimes clinicals. Then we go for a LONG walk...about 1 hour because we have to wait until 9 am before Daniel can eat after his Prograf (one of his anti-rejection meds) Anyhow, then we come back for breakfast then we go play with the THomas the Train set in the lobby here. We spend a LOT of time there! When I remember to bring down my camera, I'll download some pictures. Anyhow, then we usually do lunch here, mostly just Daniel because we just at 2 hours earlier! Anyhow, run to Wal-Mart, Target or Safeway (grocery store). Fridges are small...so we have to stock frequently..then we go for more walks, sit and read books in the library, sometimes we go up to the room and watch a video. But all in all we just hang out together. I've gotten permission to go to a park during the week (if we can). We just have to make sure we clean his hands really good afterwards. So hopefully we'll branch outside out little block here and explore the CA coast! My updates probably will only be twice a week. So I'd just keep checking and I'll update when there is some news! At this point we are waiting for our 3 month biopsy of the kidney and if that looks good we'll be able to go home! Nov 22nd is when it's scheduled, but they are going to move it up a few days (it takes a week to process) and maybe we can go hoem together as a family! YEAH! Thanks to everyone who has sent emails, cards or packages for Daniel! The sure does love opening them! Tomorrow we get to sleep in! Saturday are labs with clinicals being Monday. So probably Monday evening will be the next entry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's good to hear what's going on. I am truly amazed at how well he's doing this close after surgery. And an organ transplant, no less! He's ready to go the park. Amazing! Hang in there.
Amy, it is so good the hear that all is well. 3 months seems like such a long time! Sniff!
Hope you enjoy exploring CA.
Much love!
Post a Comment