Not much today. Started with a clinical appointment. Daniel has gained 1 pound since Monday....and to watch him eat, it doesn't surprise me! And so overall we are up 2 pounds since coming here! We are backing off the Pediasure to 1 can a night in his NG tube, the rest will be water. He didn't sleep well last night as he had bladder spasms every 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Hopefully those will stop soon!
We had an ultrasound to look at the bladder and kidney after the catheter had been out a while. Everything looked good from my 'professional' opinion. I wasn't too happy with the sonographer. Actually his trainer, he was an intern. We step into the room and Daniel starts crying instantly. All rooms with white tables are not a good things for him. Anyhow, I laid on the table with Daniel on me so I can hold him better. The guy is on one side and Michelle is on the other side. She kept telling Daniel (rather rudely I might add) "we aren't hurting you!" or "Watch TV, I put Elmo in." She tried to show him her picture of her 2 kids....ones about 5 and the other 3. Anyhow, she'd cup her hands around her mouth to tell Thomas things at the computer. Finally I said, "You should just move. He's going to keep screaming." She didn't but eventually did. But not until after I feel this VERY warm spreading feeling running up to my belly button and down below my knees. Keep in mind Daniel is poly-uric which means he pees a LOT! And we had exhibit 'A' spread all over my lap! I said, "I think he just peed! Did you take his diaper off?" Usually they give me a towel to put under him. Michelle then patted my on the knee and said, "Welcome to motherhood, dear. You have many more ahead of you." That was the straw that broke the camels back! (Notice I am getting crabbier and crabbier thru out my updates? Sleep deprevation!) Anyhow, I turned to her and said, "I have 6 boys and have never been peed one! Plus I have been a mother longer than you!" She was pretty nice to me after that, but only out of fear, I think!
Anyhow, after that we went and ate some lunch. We then went to some thrift stores because Daniel's belly has gotten to big for his britches! They say some of it is from his new big kidney! But we can't button up his pants! So we found a few sweatpants for him and a couple shirts. (Of course mom found a few shirts, too! 60% off already marked $4 and $5 sweaters I couldn't resist!) Anyhow, his PICC line is kindof bulky so I needed some larger sleeved shirts for him, too! I have to do laundry every 3 days! We found some pads for the bed. Now that he is in a diaper he will start leaking out his diapers again. Last night he didn't because I was up so often I just changed his diaper, too! But that was pretty much our day! He is in the play room right now and sounds like a monkey! So he must be having fun! Tomorrow we have a morning lab draw and Brenda is coming up! Saturday I will get ready for my family coming on SUNDAY! YEAH!
3 days ago

3 comments:
That lady was ANNOYING!! How awful. I'm glad you set her straight. Good luck with Brenda and your family. I'll bet you're so excited to see everyone again!
"Welcome to motherhood..." Heads would ROLL. And I have been peed on before. How rude and insensitive. Not to mention what about Daniel's feelings in all this. Grrr.
Do you still need clothes? What size and I can check through J's hand me downs and see what I have left.
Some people just aren't meant to be in the medical field, and she sounds like one.
Let me know Daniel's size and as I get the clothes ready to change out, I will set stuff aside for Daniel and Sammy.
Post a Comment