3 days ago
Friday, August 29, 2008
Friday morning report
We got to the PICU room about 8 am and Daniel was already awake. Of course he started crying when he saw us, but he got drugs and calmed right down! WE LOVE DRUGS! He still was awake for about an hour, which is the longest he's ever been awake. So that was good to see! His oxygen line thru his nose is gone, so that helps make him more comfortable. That always tickled my nose when I had one. Anyhow, his labs came back good. Potassium, phosphorus and magnessium are still be dumped from his body but they are putting it right back in. He will be getting a pick line later on today. That will stay in for a few months. They will put it up his arm into his heart. So they'll draw blood and administer meds right into that line. I will leave the room when they do that! He'll also be knocked out for it, though. Dr. Conception (surgeon) gave the go ahead for clear liquids! YEAH! He had a few ice chips and you could feel (I had my hand on his chest....one fo the few places I can touch him without tubes!) you could feel the relief when that hit his mouth! So that was gre at! We are on schedule for being moved up to a patient room this weekend sometime. Probably Sunday. That is good because Kevin will be back by then. He flies out soon to Reno for class and will be back tomorrow night. But the best news I just got.....I GET TO HOLD HIM! Later today they'll get it set up to where I can hold him, so that is why I am typing now, because I probably won't put him down until I leave tonight! I might ask for a catheter so I don't even have leave for the bathroom! :-) Anyhow, only 2 hours here and LOTS of great news!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh Amy!! My heart hurts, but the good kind of hurt! YOU GET TO HOLD HIM!! And its only Friday!
I am so glad to hear that he is doing so wonderful.
I hope you are holding Daniel right this minute while I type.
Much love!
I too am so excited for you to hold him...not just for his reassurance, but yours! Daniel looks so good and everything sounds like it's going good. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
I am so glad everything went so well and that he's doing wonderfully. That is so great that you get to hold him! We are still praying and hope that things continue to go well.
I had a strong feeling when the creatine (sp) level went down, against all of the rules, that this whole experience would be alright. And it seems to be happening.....tubes taken out earlier that expected, able to hold him, "real food", etc. etc. Lots and lots of tender mercies. Heavenly Father has and will continue to provide. Hugs and kisses.
Amy,
Such great news - getting to hold him is the best of all. I can remember it with Seth ~ one of the best days of my life! You are amazing. Hang in there.
Love Jill
Post a Comment