I didn't get to report this morning as we were a little 'late' (by our standards) the the hospital. Daniel didnt' fally asleep until 12:15am and we were there until he did. He was full of gas and liquids and just miserable! We slept in until 7:40 scurrying around and trying fast to get to his side because we knew he'd be awake! He looked a TON better this morning! He had not as big of an abdomen and 'man area'! :-) His legs are a lot more normal looking by his standards. He wouldn't eat breakfast or lunch, but drank water. The eating worried us a little, but then again, look what happened last time he ate! He was still uncomfortable, trying to boof and things, still produced nothing after the suppository last night. So (our poor nurse) I bugged her enough and told her I'd go bug the doctor, for a stool softner and an enema! He got both! YEAH! However he pushed out just a little poop, some gas and was comfortable for a while. So that was a relief! We read books, Kevin held him for a while (I'll put pictures on in a bit, when we get back to the House.) and even blew bubbles! He was his old self! It sure was great to see! Dinner came and we thougth he wouldn't eat....but he had.....Mac-n-cheese! He couldn't shovel it in fast enough! He LOVES that! So he did good for dinner. But now the gas is building up again. So the doctor's are currently working on a solution. The is getting the last of his 2 IV's in. The one in his neck and the one in the back of his hand. He will only have his PICC line in (that he has for the 3 months we are here for lab draws) his JB line (drains fluids but that is suppose to come out tomorrow) and his catheter (which will come out in 3-4 weeks!) So he will be A LOT easier to move....right now it's a 2 person job and feel a lot more comfortable! He has a brace thing on his left wrist so he can't bend it because of that IV. So overall, today was a good day. He is getting back to his old self! Joking, coloring, talking to us more and more.
Brenda, Moe, Darrin and Derek came up and brought us dinner and visited a while. It was right as he was waking up, so he was REALLY grumpy! I felt bad. It was great to see them, however. Especially the non-cafeteria food! I can't wait to get to the House and be able to make foods! His pain meds are getting less and less! He only had 1 dose of Tylenol with codine and 1 dose of just Tylenol. He did have a IV injection of the "A" drug I can't remember the name to! I haven't seen the way it was spelled, so I can't remember it! (My brains works weird!) Anyhow, so pain meds are decreasing which, to me, is a good sign! They are working on a room upstairs for us. There hasn't been one open up, so we are still staying put! I think that is about it! I left my book downstairs that I write notes in all day. I'll add pictures later and anything I left off! Thank you guys for all your thoughts, prayers, emails and messages. It is GREAT to hear from you and I wish I had time to respond to them all.
3 days ago

1 comment:
Glad to hear today was another good day.
We talked about you often today.
Hope Kelle is doing well also.
Much love!
Post a Comment