These are some balloons that Daniel just went ga-ga over! They are from his grandma Laura in Michigan. It came with a little Prince Charles Spaniel (I believe is what the tag said) stuffed animal. He was cute and we named him Stanford. Very fitting! We've had too many doctors and nurses to pick a favorite. We thought of Lucille (since we are in Lucille Packard Children's Hospital) but it is definately a boy dog! DOesn't look feminine in any way! Thanks g-ma Laura! He enjoyed hitting daddy with the balloons for a good 15 minutes! And good not to pick latex. It's a latex free hospital due to allergies.
Aunt Brenda, Uncle Moe, Darrin and Derek came up! Here is a picture...notice Daniel STILL in a bad mood as they were leaving!
Notice arms stretched HIGH above the heads! Maggie is our #1 person today! She took out the neck line and the left wrist line! Daniel got a sponge bath and was LOVING life!
A few other things I failed to mention about today (I think!) was that his potassium, phosphorus and magnesium are doing good. The levels are at or almost to where they need to be. So now they just wait until the kidney starts storing them and his levels go high...then they can cut back on substituting them into his blood. WAY happy day because no drip attached to PICC (pronounced PICK) line! So there are the pictures! Now you can erase those last images of Daniel in your head!
Kelle is doing good! Stopped by this morning only as I was too busy this afternoon. (Sorry Kelle!) She had a few nerves that were cut (common thing I guess) and she was in a LOT of pain during the night and today. But the pain management team came in, gave her some lanacaine (sp?) and she was instantly better! She'll have to take some every day for 2-3 months while those nerves heal, but she is happy with that becuase she can still go home tomorrow! YEAH! Remember, if you want to email her send it to herzogkj at hotmail dot com. (I had to type it like that because spammers pick up on it or something!)

3 comments:
Daniel is sure looking good. I love the pictures! Every tube that is removed is a wonderful occasion. I am glad to see that he is being freed up a bit. We love you all!!
Wow, he's really looking good! Give him a kiss from us.
OH! He looks so good. I can't believe that he is so far ahead of "schedule".
Post a Comment