Saturday, August 30, 2008

Forgot to share this

Thursday morning after Daniel's surgery, when he was suppose to TOTALLY knocked out, Kevin and I went up to the Oakland Temple. (The temple is a BEAUTIFUL place where we are married for eternity, sealed to our family members for eternity and do that kind of work for those who have passed on already.) Anyhow, while we were sitting in the chapel waiting for our session to start, the organist started playing a song. Keep in mind I was feeling guilty about being there and not with Daniel. I kept telling myself he'd be OK. These are the words to the first 2 verses. I know them, so when she started playing it, I just started crying!

Dearest children, God is near you,
Watching o’er you day and night,
And delights to own and bless you,
If you strive to do what’s right.
He will bless you, He will bless you,
If you put your trust in him.

Dearest children, holy angels
Watch your actions night and day,
And they keep a faithful record
Of the good and bad you say.
Cherish virtue! Cherish virtue!
God will bless the pure in heart.


I knew Daniel was going to be OK. Kevin and I had a great time in that gorgeous temple! Felt very comforted and at peace about things. We are grateful for the Holy Ghost comforting us!

5 comments:

Jim Stoor said...

You guys are pretty amazing. I can see our Heavenly Fathers hands holding Daniel while you were at the temple. The pictures of Daniel remind us of when Seth was having his time at a year old. Brings back alot of memories and I remember that I just felt the love and prayers of many and knew that things were going to be alright. I sure hope when you get home we can find some time to come and visit. Miss visiting with you both. Read your blog everyday and appreciate you letting us be a part of this. Jim and Jill Stoor

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

OK, I am officially investing stock in Kleenex!
A box is not attached to the keyboard!

AMAZING!

Fyiracat said...

That's so amazing guys. I'm so happy that you were able to have that experience.

Still missing ya,
Tessa

Story Family said...

What a beautiful experience. Thank you for sharing it. God does love each one of us and is watching over us. It is miraculous how he is watching over little Daniel. Those pictures with all of those tubes and his poor scars--what a trooper! It just made me cry! You and Kevin are so strong and such great examples. Hang in there. We are sure praying for you and Daniel and all of your family. I think about you guys constantly.

Ladyfox said...

What a wonderful story. It surely is an incredible feeling knowing that we are watched over. Prayers really are powerful.