Well, Daniel did pretty good last night, I guess. I asked the night nurses leave me a little note. He woke up 3 times for about 15 minutes, wanted mommy or daddy, but never got too upset we were there. We are not allowed to sleep in the PICU so that is the ONLY reason I am not here at the hospital. They have our cell phone numbers if things get too bad. He had some lasix injections which helps with peeing and water retention, so his legs and toes are looking a lot better this morning! The IV in his leg and one of them in his right arm is gone (now he just has his PICC..I was spelling it wrong....and one more IV) and then the one in his neck are still in. So those 3 plus the drain line, public catheter, On-Q (local anesthetic to kidney) means we only have 6 things sticking out of him! YEAH! We are down from 9. Plus they got rid of the row of tubes (it kindof looks like your sprinkler system valves if any of you know what that looks like). It was 1 IV with 5 different port enteries on it. Anyhow, he is getting more and more 'normal' looking. He has been completely taken off his pain meds drip. Now it's oral, rectal or IV. So he'll be more alert. No news on moving upstairs. We have to wait to see when there is an open room. His bladder spasms are still happening so he has an order for a drug (I can't remember the name of it yet!) that will spot them. We LOVE that drug! But he is looking better. He is able to drink and will have a liquid lunch! So I just snuck out to get some books for when he wakes up. I thought I'd report quickly.
I have also had many of you ask for Kelle's email account. I asked her and she said that would be fine to give it out. So if you'd like to email her directly I am sure she'd LOVE to hear from you! herzogkj at hotmail dot com (I was told if I type it the way you would into an address, sometimes they get picked up and put into spam. Hope that makes sense!) I haven't gone down to see her yet today, Daniel hasn't slept for very long. Gotta get back to him, though!
3 days ago

2 comments:
FYI-You may want to edit this post and have her email posted as "herzogkj at hotmail dot com"
There are bots that trawl blogs and pick up on email addresses to add to spam lists. Better to have it written out in text, just in case.
Glad to hear things are going well.
Your ears must have been ringing today. Tracy, Karissa, and I were talkin' 'bout y'all during Nutcracker auditions.
Hope Kevin is back safe and sound.
Give Daniel some loves from all of us.
Post a Comment