Thursday, August 14, 2008

Today's news.....better than yesterday!

Well, our amazing social worker at Stanford got right on the phone with Ronald McDonald House when she read my email to her. She said they are going thru a bunch of staff changes over there and so communication isn't the best right now. She explained our situtaion (how far away we live, how long we'd need to stay there, etc.) and we are now on "high priority" and will probably be in a hotel for 1 week....2 at the most! So that is great! I will probably be staying up at the hospital with Daniel anyhow until he released (3-4 weeks after surgery), so that is great!
Labs....I just got an email from our nephrology nurse. Daniel is to have NO potassium (that was one of his REALLY high levels) and keep him "very, very, very hydrated" with repeat labs on Monday. So that was a relief!
Thank you to all of you who have said a prayer or put Daniel's name in the temple. I am not exaggerating when I say our name is in about 10 different temples! Know that we appreciate it all! We know that this is just minor compared to some things people go thru! And for that we are grateful! We feel calm and comforted knowing that things will be OK....no matter what the outcome! Heavenly Father is watching over Daniel and our family. Thank you, again!

No comments: