Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just a few things.....

I'd like to start by telling you about my WONDERFUL day yesterday! Two incredible young women volunteered to come over and watch our boys for us so Kevin and I could go on our ward temple trip. They brought movies, made play dough with the kids (which was the high light of the day for the kids!) and played games. Kevin and I had a wonderful time over in Reno! Thanks Chelsie and Jordyn! Hope your first day at the HS goes wonderful! ;-) It was kindof strange at the temple, it was the first time in probably 10 years that I didn't have a family name to do! I have 'found' probably close to 4,000 family members and their work is all done! So now it is time to do more research and find some more!

We got lab results for Daniel that the BK Virus was negative! That is 2 negatives in a row! I told you previously how his medicine wasn't even at the right level. We know this was all answers to our prayers. We are grateful for that! His other levels (including pH level) was great! No labs for a month! YEAH! The pH level was from one we were curious in because when we went to UT last month we ran out of his sodium bicarbonate. Thought we would do a lab....see how levels are. So I will inform them this week he isn't on it anymore. Please don't email me about taking him off meds and how scarey that can be. I would never do this to meds that would damage his kidney. If levels were low, we would have started him back up on it again. Now we are watching his iron levels, hemoglobin, etc. We want to get off the iron supplement! :-)


We met all the kid's teachers this week. Ryan has Mrs. Kunweiler. We think that will be a good fit for him. Oldest one kindof gets the luck of the draw as we don't know many of the teachers. They are not going to rotate 4th grade, so he will be with her all day. He is so excited to start school! Comptyn has Mrs. Lister (was Miss Eliason....but she got married this summer.) Ryan had her last year. We love Mrs. Lister! She is a great teacher! We hope Comptyn can be obedient to when it is and is not appropriate to talk, get out of his chair and be the class clown! Bryce has Ms Woods. Comptyn and Ryan both had her. We love Ms Woods, too! Bryce is excited to be in 2nd grade and he'll do well in there. Nathan starts kindergarden this year. They have it 4 days a week 3 hrs and 15 minutes. I like that! Mrs. Mitchell is his teacher. She is young and really nice! Nathan is SO excited to be going to 'real' school, as he calls it. (He has been goign to the preschool there for speech for 2 1/2 years) Anyhow, we are all ready....back packs packed, lunch 'stuff' bought! I have boys and they are young, so they don't get 'school' clothes. Why spend the money? They could care less!


Kevin had teachers come back to school on Friday. I made 41 DOZEN cookies for 100+ staff at their staff meeting Friday. My boys were awesome helpers! We did it all in 3 hours! Anyhow, I made 4 types of cookies: chocolate chip (they turned out good), peanut butter (instead of putting in vanilla flavor....it was strawberry....but surprisingly still good!), molasses (they were suppose to be SOFT but only 2 came home, so apparently they were OK) and No-Bake cookies (which never set up hard...a little sticky....but still almost all gone!) This is his first year at the High School as principal. He has a great office staff that he says is incredible dedicated and hard workers! They get a long well and are fun to be with. This will be a long year for him! Hopefully things will run well. He is a good leader. (In my VERY biased opinion!)


So that is our latest updates! Off to pack Sunday bags, finish setting out clothes, make a little lunch for the kids (can't wait to be early church next year!) and then hopefully have a calm, reverent Sacrament meeting! Have a great Sabbath day!

4 comments:

janajoyner said...

You are so inspiring. I love to read your blogs

kate said...

Our Abby had Mrs. Mitchell last year. We loved her!!!

Beth said...

And let me tell you, we are so excited to have Kevin at the High School!!! We know he'll do a great job.

Thanks for the cookies. My husband, Glen, loved them.

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.