Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First day of School.....and something I forgot to post!

So yesterday was the first day! And since Marilyn is dying to see pictures...here they are! (Boy! You are spoiled, Marilyn!)

Ryan is in 4th grade now! I can't believe that! He has a teacher we are not familiar with, but seems to be good so far. Ryan is very studious and should do well in about any class. So we are not too worried about him!

Comptyn is in 3rd grade. He has Mrs. Lister (formily known as Miss Eliason...she got married!) We love Mrs. Lister! We are hoping Comptyn can do well this year and not get in trouble so much for talking and getting out of his seat. We'll see!

Bryce is in 2nd grade. He has Miss Woods. This is her 3rd year in a row with a Lords' boy. Bryce will do well! Miss Woods is wonderful with the kids and we hope her year goes better than last year. (She had a few tough kids and then Comptyn contributed periodically.) Bryce is a really good student so he should do well. Don't know if you can see Bryce's nose. Maybe click on the picture ot get a bigger version. The day before he tried a skate board for the first time.....I needn't say anymore!

Nathan started kindergarden. I had to chase him down for my hug and kiss goodbye! He has Mrs. Mitchell and she is going to be great! We are sad we didnt' get Mrs. Malnack who taught our other 3.....don't knwo why the request didn't happen.....at any rate, we are happy. He is glad to being to 'real school' now. (He was in preschool before for speech therapy. I don't know if he realizes he will still have speech or not!)

The 3 older boys all rode the bus home for the first time. I have always driven them to and from school. Well, our beast vehicle takes a gallon of gas each trip into town! At $2.79 a gallon times 3 I just thougth we'd try the bus. (Imagine our gas budget when gas was $4 a gallon a few years ago!) Anyhow, they had a good time. We walked up to meet them. I am having a little bit of guilt that I am not a very good mother because I am not going to get them. I am hoping the savings in gas money will change my thoughts!

Then I forgot to post what we did last week. Some friends invited us over to swim in their pool. It was a lot of fun! Daniel, as many of you know, can't swim out at the lake anymore, so we are grateful the Koenigs took pity on us! Thank you guys! We had a lot of fun! Notice I just had them all wear life jackets and I didn't have to worry about them. That doesn't mean some didn't swallow water, but at least they were floating when they were coughing up pool water!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

WOW! Such service. The pictures are cute. I can't believe how big your little family is getting.

de Arrieta said...

They are too big! Amazing.

Trulee said...

There should be no guilt over not picking them up. I felt that way too until I realized how nice it was to stay home all day! I can't believe how big your boys are! They are so handsome.