Friday, June 26, 2009

Make A Wish letter

I got a letter today from Make-A-Wish. Here is what it says:

"Dear Amy:

Hello! I am very excited to be able to grant Daniel's wish to meet President Thomas Monson!"

For those that are not LDS, President Monson is the President of our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) and the prophet of the world! He is to us (and more) what the pope would be to Catholics. (If that helps in the association with this meeting!)

Then it goes on to say that we have a few more things to send in. The wish is then turned over to the SLC MAW office where they facilitate everything in meeting him. The Sacramento office will schedule flights, vehicle, housing and food for us! We are REALLY excited! Now we just need the date and we'll start the count down! YEAH! I can't wait to have all my little boys in their white shirts and ties, missionary name tags and smile all get a picture with him!

6 comments:

Sariah Hartley said...

that is way too awesome! are you serious?! how exciting!

Valerie said...

That is so exciting! I started to tear up! I can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!!! What a great opportunity.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

What fun! A friend of mine ran into President Monson at a restaurant last week and met with him for 15 minutes or so. She said he really is such a wonderful man, I'm sure it will be a great experience for your boys.

Sandi said...

Wow! That will be an incredibly memorable experience for your whole family. You must be doing something right for a 3-year-old to make meeting President Monson his #1 wish!

de Arrieta said...

No way!! I just think the wish is what is so special; to want to meet the prophet. Wow! My kids would have went for a whole truck load of cotton candy as their wishes.