
Here are all the Fallon 1st Ward YW that went! Plus a few non member friends and a YW from the other stake in Fallon because she was going to miss hers! What a great group of girls!

These are my 3rd year girls! I had a big group of 30! I sure did fall in love with them quick! They are such a great group and I loved watching them work together and encourage each other on the hard things like this climbing wall and the hike!

These are all the my 3rd years at the top of their hike. We raised a Banner to the World to Return to Virtue. (Anyone in YW would know what that is all about) This in on top of Chuck. (the rock) It was a hard hike, but all my girls made it! I was proud of them! Three stayed behind because of physical limitations. A few a long the way were wanting to give up, but thanks to Bishop Schank, he got them to the top! And boy was the view worth it!

Don't you agree? Made all the huffing and puffing worth it! We were at Bucks Lake in California. Near Quincy, CA.

A few other highlights....I DID THE ZIP LINE! Screamed the entire way, but it was fun! My shoes kept slipping off, but they never fell! What a rush!

Some of my girls canoeing...Brianna, Angela and Ashley

Brother Freeman came up and retired a flag for us. The ceremony was incredible! Made you really appreciate the flag that flies over our nation! I hope they do that every year!
So what did I learn at Girl's Camp? (Besides what you taught me, Kara!)
1. Never leave your suit case unattended. Thanks for the initiation!
2. Never trust your stake YW president or Camp Director at 2:30 in the morning.
3. Elvis is still alive
4. Aliens do exist
5. Shelly Egbert and a gas can scares me! (Love you Shelly!)
6. Miracles still happen (the pancake mix)
7. The Spirit is amazing!
8. My testimony has grown
9. I love the YW program even more than before!
10. I love the YW in our stake and more importantly in our Ward!
I can't wait for next year. I hope they ask me to come back as the 3rd year. If they don't I will have to talk to my Bishop and make sure he doesn't listen to any promptings to release me! ;-)
I met some incredible girls and leaders. Thanks to you all for the fun week! Kevin, thanks for staying home with the boyz and without The Beast to go anywhere! I missed you all terribly, but hope I came home a better mother and wife!
Check back tomorrow for Father's Day pictures!

4 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I always loved Girl's Camp, and hope I get to go again someday. The ward must have changed since I was there! I had no idea there were that many Young Women!
so funny, the pictures are the same as the ones i took on my third year hike! it was pretty wasn't it? i had such a great time with you! every year i want to be in 1st ward because of the leaders! so fun! i can't wait till next year!
I am pretty sure it was only 1:30! thanks,terra
Thanks Terra! 1:30 am. We couldn't remember exactly! We stayed up all night! Fun, but getting too old for it! :-) Took me 2 days to recooperate from it!
Post a Comment