Thursday, June 11, 2009

I made a mistake......

The other day I posted a blog about tag team tackling in Sacrament meeting. I made a mistake in it. The young lady is going to Brazil, not Portugal. I had it in my mind that she was speaking Portugese. So my brain remembered Portugal. Sorry!

I have also been thinking a lot about how grateful I am to live in a free country where I can express my own thoughts and feelings and views about things. I know the newspapers and newsrooms feel the same way. Which, by the way, if they had gotten a hold of this story, would have released names and dug thru people's pasts. They would have totally run with this story and probably brought some humiliation to the family releasing those things. Yet some how, we as a people, are drawn to reading those stories and listening to those news releases.....the ones that drag people's names thru the mud. I am so glad I didn't lower myself to that side of reporting events that happen in my life, in my husband's life and in my children's life. For those that were offended by it......don't read my blog.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Amy, I couldn't agree more. You have every right to discuss things that affect you and your family. I thought you did it in a way that was completely appropriate, without giving any information about the kid involved. I love reading your blog and am glad this is not going to get you down! Let those who don't like it stick to their own blogs!

Sandi said...

Well stated! Keep writing and I'll keep reading!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

I've blogged about people and then had them find my blog and call me up to complain about it. First & foremost I don't want or intend to hurt feelings, but I also like having the freedom to write and share and point out the ironies in things people--including myself & my kids--do.

Elizabeth "Betsy" said...

Amen to that!

Sariah Hartley said...

I agree completely. You are awesome;)

Sariah Hartley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.