Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kevin's New Job

For those of you who have not heard, Kevin will be starting a new job next year. He is going to be the principal at the high school here in Fallon. It was a forced transfer which means the superintendent reassigned him. (His actual title right now is administrator on assingment as principal at the Jr High.) So he has pretty mixed emotions. He is sad to leave the Jr High because he has an incredible staff and they have been WONDERFUL to our family for the last 4 years! We will miss them! He isnt' too excited about what he is going to the high school for. They are on the watch list for No Child Left Behind and have been there a few years. So they are getting close to the state coming in and firing everyone and everyone having to reapply for their job. Scores on tests are just not coming up. So there is a lot of stress at the high school, understandably. Hopefully he will be a good leader to get the staff and student unified and all working towards the same goal. He is excited about getting back to that age group. He has always wanted to go back to the high school but not this soon. He'll do a good job where ever he is asked to serve! The kids and I are all looking forward to the football games!

3 comments:

mom said...

As a parent, I am thrilled he will be at the high school. I can see his reservation about this job, but I think he will be great to get the high school headed in the right direction. Good Luck, and I will be cheering for him.

Jenny said...

Go Kevin! Whip them all into shape! ;)

Jim Stoor said...

Just an idea Kevin, encourage your teachers to become bloggers so that parents and students can go back each day and refresh on what they went through in class. I seen a demonstration of this and know that kids do alot better if they can have a visualization of what went on in class. Just a thought. Just look at who looks at this blog on a daily or weekly basis, I am such a lurker. LOL