3 days ago
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Daniel's BK Viral Update
So I just got an email from Daniel's nurse. Daniel's BK Blood copies (as they call them) are increasing. They started at 806. Two weeks later it increased by 659 to 1519 copies. Two weeks later it increased 1413 to 2932 copies. SOOOOO, we keep decreasing the anti-rejection medicines in hope that his body can fight this on its own. I don't know what happens if his body doesn't. There is a line we'll get to where the body will attack the kidney more than we want. It's such a balancing act. So we go back to get labs May 1st. And it will take a few days to get results. We really have to get in to get the biopsy and they can determine how much the BKV is in the kidney. I know many of you do, but please remember Daniel's BKV in your prayers. We really need that number to come down showing that his body is fighting it. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for the update. I think I have taken his progress for granted. Getting a new kidney is a big thing for a little body. As many miracles as there have been there are still more that are needed. He will be in our prayers.
We are so sorry to hear the numbers are going the wrong direction. We will, as always, remember him and your family in our prayers.
Post a Comment