
The one on the left is a 4 generation picture. The baby is my grandma, Maxine Arnold. Her mother is holding her, Mabel Elsie Cota Arnold. Mabel's mother, Jennie Mae Smith Cota, is in teh black dress and Jennie's mother, Anna Williametta Dutcher Smith, is in the middle. Picture taken in 1925.
The picture on the right is of Anna Williametta Dutcher Smith and I believe it's taken in 1918. I'd have to pull the original, but I think that is what is written on it.
This is a picture of the 4 Cota children. Mabel Elsie Cota that was above and her siblings. So from left to right is: Harold, Olive, Mable and Willis Cota. Picture taken about 1911. Fun, huh? How did they get their kids to hold so still and look forward at the camera? If you look back a few blog entries, of all 6 of my boys, I think only half are looking at the camera.....and that was the BEST picture taken! :-)


2 comments:
Getting your picture taken back then was a rare thing, not like today when I have a camera in my kids face every time they turn around.
What a good idea to scan the old pictures. I have some that I should probably do that too.
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the old pictures!
Wonderful. These pictures are so great to have. I love to study them.
Post a Comment