8 hours ago
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Bryce's 'after school' activiy
Yesterday I went to pick up the kids from school. Comptyn was right out. Ryan rode the bus to a friend's house. Bryce, well, we waited for Bryce. About 10 minutes later we went in the school. He usually forgets something somewhere in the school, like his coat or lunch box. So we walked down to his class room....not there. We walked to the cafeteria....not there. We when walked around the playground.....not there. So I went to the office and had them page him and told him to come to the office. By now it has been about 20 minutes. So I waited about 2 minutes or so. No Bryce. I start getting a little panicky. I envisioned someone taking Bryce and more horrible things. Then this lady who has a son in Bryce's class, pulled up in front of the school and said, "Are you looking for Bryce?" I said, "yes" She said, "He is about 4 blocks away and said he is walking home. I told him to walk back to the school because you are here." We live 6 miles from the school. (He refused to get in her truck, so I have to give him thumbs up for that!) We all load up and drove to meet him. I asked him what he was doing and he shrugged his shoulders and said, "It's a nice day out. I thought I'd walk home." He said is so cute! Just like, "DUH Mom!" The day in the life of a child! I definately said a prayer of thanks that he was safe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
How in the world did we not see him?
I'm glad he didn't get in the truck!
Bryce is in Bryce world. What a great place to be. I always wonder if my kids would actually know how to get home if they had to. I guess Bryce wasn't worried about getting lost.
Did I ever tell you about the time Tanner tried to walk home from school? I was pregnant with McKay so pregnancy emotions ran high. That is still one of the scariest things to ever happened to me. Strangely, I think every family has at least one child try it once.
Sounds like something my oldest, Derek, would do. I had many of worry moments with Derek. I know the feeling!!!
Post a Comment