Friday, April 2, 2010

Kid's school awards and a little more.....

So, for those wondering why my neighbors are OK with ducks but not chickens, they probably won't be. But they can't take us to court over ducks....well, I guess they could, but they wouldn't win. Chicksns are listed in our CC&Rs are something we can't have. So we got rid of them. Then we got ducks because they are game fowl! So, we'll still get eggs, keeping 'the rules' and our neighbors will NEVER be happy because they will find something to complain about! OH WELL!

On the way home from teh church the other night, I happened to have my camera in the car and this GORGEOUS peacock was sitting on this fence. He was SO beautiful!

The boyz had their monthly award assemblies the last 2 days (1st-3rd grade one day, 4th-6th the second day). Anyhow, Bryce and Comptyn both got Accelerated Reader's awards. They are in the top row, both with glasses

In 4th grade they give actual grades (A, B, C, D, etc) and so they have Straight A Honor Roll and Honor Roll, which is a B or two. Anyhow, Ryan, his best friend Kailee (you'll see them together in every picture) are 2 of the only 3 kids in all three 4th grade classes, to have Straight A's. This is his 2nd quarter getting it and he got ANOTHER Principal's medal.


Here he and Kailee are with their Accelerated Reading Awards.

Here Ryan and Kailee are (AGAIN!) with their Acceerated Math Awards.

I am glad they are great students. I really do little to help. They are great about coming home and doing homework, reading 30 minutes, practicing piano and with little to no motivation! It's nice to have them be rewarded for good things, yet sometimes I still have phone calls or emails for one (or 2) of them getting in trouble at school! Hopefully they grow out of that part!

2 comments:

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

I'm still rooting for the peacock!

Marilyn said...

Tell your neighbors to get their own life and get off your case. Next thing you know they will be unhappy because your kids poop in the yard.