Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Another 'didn't learn anything' FHE

So we had the Jensen and 2 Wadsworth families join our new family obsession last night for FHE.....tennis courts and softball field. I realized I didn't take any pictures of tennis, which is too bad....some of those Wadsworths (Johnny, Brent, Natalie and Jane) took to the courts like wild fire! I LOVED watching them run around and chase the balls. It was great!

We then struck up a game of softball/tee ball. Brian Jensen served as pitcher for those not wanting to use the tee. Did a great job! His wife, Katherine, was in left field chasing tennis balls her and Daniel were 'playing catch' with. This morning he is still talking about having fun with 'that girl last night'. Thanks for making his evening, Katherine!

Here are some random pictures.....you can tell I was standing on 3rd base during most of these.

Nathan at bat

Jane W. at bat

Nathan running to 3rd base

Caleb W. taking a swing.....he had a great hit!

Kim & Lindy (I am sorry if I spell names wrong!) on 3rd base waiting to run home

Brian & Abby J at the pitcher's mound with Tyler J and Ryan on 1st base

Mary Ann W. & Alyssa J. on 3rd waiting to run home

Refreshments of popsicles, cinnamon rolls (YUM!) and butterfly birthday cupcakes (Happy b-day Lindy!) in the cafeteria afterwards. It was a fun time, no one got hurt and it was great to visit with friends in other wards! Thanks for the fun! We'll have to do it again, sometime!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

There's no way they "didn't learn anything." It looks like great fun!

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

We did kick ball the other day for FHE...I think it is great for them to learn good sportsmanship and to take turns, be happy for others, etc....see all the things they learned! Those are the best kind when they don't think they are learning at all! ha! You tricked them!

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kate said...

I love that he called me a girl! I had tons of fun with him too. Tyler keeps saying that FHE was too much fun:) We like your kind of family night!! Thanks for inviting us we had a blast!!!!!