Monday, April 12, 2010

The rest of our spring break.......

So here is what happened the rest of our Spring Break last week:

First, on Tuesday when we were putting our bedroom back together something funny happened. Under COmptyn's bed are 3 drawers. Well behind those 3 drawers is some storage space. So Kevin had taken the mattress off and it was dirty under there. The kids like to crawl under and play. So Kevin called COmptyn and Bryce to clean it out. Bryce was throwing a fit. Finally he got back in there. Long story short, he was being a pistol and all of the sudden crawled up on Kevin's lap. (Kevin was sitting and waiting for me to pack a box.) Kevin said, "Bryce, this is so nice!" Then Bryce looks up at Kevin, giggles and the warm fuzzies turned to warm wet fuzzies as Bryce says, "I'm peeing on you, dad!" That's our boy! So proud! Keep in mind a few days later he turned 8! This isn't one of the 4 year old twins! Well, he got out of cleaning under the bed! Smart boy? SOmtimes you have to laugh or you'd strangle your kids!

Wednesday and Thursday Kevin and I went and spent those days in Reno. (The 14th is our 15 year anniversary) Kevin's parents came and watched the kids for us. We headed ove and went straight to the temple. We did some initiatories and then did an endowment session. Kevin gave me some money for our anniversary, so we headed to SAVER'S! I LOVE thrift stores! Anyhow, bought a few skirts, jeans, and some shirts for me. Got some books for the kids. Kevin even got a few things. We headed across the street to Lowe's to pick up some tiles for some craft projects I use them for. We checked into our hotel at the Peppermill and then went down to Texas Roadhouse to meet our niece Melissa and her husband Travis. We had a delicious meal there! We then had some Cold Stone Creamry ice cream. YUM! Then went up to the temple again and did some sealings with Melissa and Travis. It was a GREAT day!




So Thursday morning we went back to the temple. 15 years ago Thursday I went thru the temple for the first time. It was a very emotional session for me because I kept thinking of everything that has happened in 15 years and how directly related they are to the temple. How blessed my life has been because of the temple! My life, my family, none of it would be the same without the temple. After the temple we went to The Melting Pot. (FONDUE!) It was SO much fun and delicious! I LOVE making my own stuffed mushrooms and dipping them in tempura batter and frying them! I loved the Ahi Tuna and kiwi-lime shrimp! It was fun to not have to do all the work, but a WHOLE lot more expensive, and I didn't get as long of breaks in between each course! My stomach had pains in it so bad I thought of making myself throw up to eleviate it! But I didn't want to waste the fondue! :-) So we went to the other Saver's in Reno and walked around. Got hte kids some roller blades, a scooter and some books. (I love books! and so do my kids!) So then we came home!

What we came home to was Ryan had set his duckling over the hole of the fence post and it fell in! Comptyn and Bryce had buried and been throwing their ducklings. Needless to say, they were not only lucky I had spent 2 days in the temple, but that grandpa and grandma were still there! They lost their duck privileges for a while! Ryan's duck they duck the fence post out and then dumped it upside down and banged on it to get it to slide out. I had to grab it's fur and pull it out. It was still alive (after 1 hour 40 minutes in there) but it didn't look good. Something was wrong iwth it's neck. It kept doing a twiching thing. It wouldn't eat or drink. (I guess it drank a few sips at first.) Legs wouldn't move. I sat and helt it for aobut 20 minutes. It peeped only 2-3 times. Then we put it in a box on the counter next to a water feeder. About 30 minutes later she was standing up peeping like CRAZY! Eating, drinking and walking around. I told Ryan our prayers were answered! And maybe he should change her name. It's now Angel. We think she had some "POST" traumatic stress disorder (PUN INTENDED!) for the first hour or so. But she is now fine. I feel bad for what pains in the butts our boys were for grandpa and grandma. Kevin's not going to go to girl's camp with me now because of their behavior. We can't subject mom and dad to an entire week of that!

So Friday was mom's birthday and Sunday was Bryce's. So we celebrated it together! Cousin Josh had games in Minden so BethAnne and him came over. Melissa came from Reno. We had a fun party! Strawberry shortcake for cake! YUM! The twins and Nathan were cemented at grandma's feet during present time! Bryce LOVES legos and we have been introducing them to the Star Wars movies so he now loves them. So a Legos Star Wars kit jsut seemed perfect! It was fun!



So Saturday morning we headed down to Minden for some ball games (which they won them all!) and a picnic and play time at a really nice park.








The above picture is dark, but it's of Josh reboudning the ball! It was the first picture I took....changed the setting and got better pictures!


We had a fun week! It was fun to have family here. Now back to our routine and the continued arranging of the bedroom. I still have a bathroom full of stuff to find a place for! But I still LOVE the color!

3 comments:

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

Ummmm, are you holding out on me? There is more then one Savers in Reno??

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Wow, you've been busy. Happy Birthday to Bryce!

Congrats on the anniversary, you guys look great. I've never been to Melting Pot, but always wanted to try it.

Marilyn said...

I'm sorry to say that I am laughing so hard after reading your blog. Of course, if they were my boys, I'd probably have DFS on my door step.
Your blogs scare Molly for what she is in store for. Your stories may be the best birth contol they can find.