Thursday, April 29, 2010

Nevada Winds

Probably the only thing I don't like about Fallon are the winds. I read in the paper that winds were up to 69 miles per hour. That is an F0 tornado wind speed! (Yes there is an F0) F1 tornado starts at 73 mph! CRAZY! Add the sand dunes east of town being whipped into it all and I had a natural skin exfoliant while I was outside trying to fix this.......

(after I took a picture, of course) You can see our fence and parts of it bent at a 45° angle! Our fence goes clear to the back 6 foot fence. Just this side of the 3 foot fence there is a gate. A few minutes after the picture was taken the fence broke away at the gate. So that corner is disconnected. UGH! It did help eliviate the pressure of the wind up against the fence but it still rocked like a flag in the wind. It was scarey. I went out to check on the trampoline and ducks.....trampoline was fine, started walking across the yard and the lid to the chicken coop flew off and was headed right at me! I ducked to the ground waiting to get hit, but never did (thank goodness!). It dropped on the other side of the 3 foot fence. The ducks were just fine. All huddled together. Anyhow, next mont we are gonna have to fix our fence. One pole (the metal ones you put chain link fencing on) totally broke off! The others ar all just bend right at ground level. Our neighbors complained about looking at bikes in our ront yard.....NOW they get a broken fence for a month until we get paid again! :-)

Yesterday the twins, Terra K & I were able to take 12 missionaries over to the Reno Temple. It was SNOWING in Reno on and off so that kindof threw our picnic idea out the window. All the Church Maintainence guys were up in Susanville, CA so we couldnt' get into a church. So my lucky niece and her husband were VERY gracious in letting 16 missionaries (4 followed us for lunch) and the 4 of us into their aparment to eat lunch. It was neat to see all those missionaries together. Makes me excited for my boyz to serve! Anyhow, the day was great! Great company to visit with and got to see the temple and eat some good food!


I was too cold to get out and take a good picture! The twins and I got pelted with hail/hard snow when we were walking around the temple while we were waiting for them. Grateful I have a beast of a vehicle to give the missionaries a ride! A friend to travel with and family to allow us to invade on last minute whim! And even though I couldn't go in the temple (minus when the twins both had to do #2!.....awkward going in the foyer in jeans!) I am grateful for templs and the covenants I have made there! I LOVE THE TEMPLE! Great day!

5 comments:

JLMartin said...

Man...seems like you have whiny neighbors.

The Simmons Bunch said...

If you're ever in Reno needing a church building again give us a call. I'm YW's pres. so I could hook you up at our building on Rock!

The Simmons Bunch said...

oh ya our # is 673-4156 :)

Trulee said...

The neighbors...I would never survive. Can't they be grateful that you don't party or deal drugs or park on their lawn? For pete's sake.

Jenny said...

Gosh, I wanna drive around with 12 guys in my car! Will you scope a couple out for me for when they're released? ;)