3 days ago
Monday, March 1, 2010
Ryan and his neck
So for the past 3-4 months (back around Thanksgiving) Ryan started telling us he was having pains in his neck. We thought it was more of a muscle and tried a few things, new pillow, new mattress (he needed one anyhow), heat with a rice pillow, Ibuprofen, etc. I'd rub his neck often. Nothing seemed to help. So, he started having his twitch. He tips his head to the right. That is the side that bothers him. So I started rubbing it again and this time really paying attention to what it felt like, asking questions, etc. It doesn't hurt when I push on the 'knots', it does let up, it just feels good to have it rubbed he said. There is no 'release' when I press on it like some knots I have worked on. Well, then I started noticing that the 'knot' didn't really feel like muscle. More like a couple harder balls in his neck, down near his collar bone. Of course....lymph nodes are there. Where does my mind wander and what do I google? Hodgkin's Lymphoma! So I decided to take him in today. His pediatrician is out of town until Thursday, but her husband saw us (general practice) and he wants to treat it as muscle for a week. He said he had a hard time telling what it is. Definately something there, but not sure what. He is on a muscle relaxant and Ibuprofen round the clock for a week. If we don't have any improvements, then we'll go back in for labs. So anyhow, we are now praying that Ryan will be 100% in one week so we don't have to continue with other tests! So I will be posting next week, if not sooner! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh dear, Amy! I'll keep you & yours in my prayers. Hopefully it IS just a muscle issue.
You are in our prayers. I hope things turn out for the best.
Never Google anything health related, or you will be sure you are dying.
Jordan had some hard lumps in his neck when he was a toddler and they were just enlarged lymph nodes. The doctor said they can hang around for months after an illness. I hope its nothing for Ryan as well.
Post a Comment