8 hours ago
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
My sister Carrie
I got a phone call this morning that my 'baby' sister (26 years old) was admitted to ICU last ight. She started coughing up blood. Come to find out, she has pneumonia, blood clots throughout her body and sepsis (blood poisoning). So she is in pretty bad shape! I have talked to her a couple time and snd she actually sounds good. She is on IV anti-biotics, blood thinners are given thru a shot into her stomach and LOTS of pain meds! She has 2 cute kids, Jonathan is 6 1/2 and Nicole who is 3 1/2. She will be OK. She is in good hands. One thing that makes me sad is that during all this I have family members that can't swallow pride and call her. Instead of pulling a family closer together and rallying together to help Carrie people are just acting like she got a filling in a tooth or something. I wish things were different. I wish forgiveness was easier for people to understand. It's such a better way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey Amy! Leave it to family to show you their best side...Hang in there!!
Keep us updated on your sister!
Don't you just love family when it comes to these kinds of things?
I remember when Carrie came to visit in Elko - will remember her in our prayer. She's lucky she has you for a big sister!
It's ok Amy. Everyone that knows me is aware of our family disfunction and made up for what I don't have with family support while I was sick :) I'll take a family as screwed up as ours for one good sister like you. Thanks for calling me everyday while I was in the hospital and all the prayers. Love you
Post a Comment