Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pinewood Derby and more blood......

So any of you that know me, knows I HATE Pinewood Derby. I love watching the boys talk about their cars, sanding, painting, etc. But then we get to the church and UGH! Some people think it defines their family name if they win or lose. It's all about winning! Well, to us it all about the boys showing their creativity, having pride in their work and just having fun. If they win, that is good. If they lose, that is fine! But we walked in last night and there was a winner's and loser's bracket on teh chalk board. Luckily my dear frend was there! Thanks for distracting me all night, Kara! Great to visit! Anyhow, neither of my boys placed in teh top 3 (what does that say about our family?), but they did have fun. Comptyn came up with the idea of Lightening McQueen. I have the Cricut cartridge for Cars so he did modge podge some of those pices one. Ryan did a pencil. Kevin and I did cut them out on band saws, but other than that (and the wheels) they did the rest. They are pretty proud of them. And I am glad it's over for another year! YAY!





So I have caller ID on my phone, and whenever the kid's school phone number comes up I sometimes answer it "What did Comptyn do now?" Sure enough! It was Comptyn, but not his usual going into the girl's bathroom like Monday! During GATE he was cutting popsicle sticks and cut off the meaty part of his finger. It is SO gross! There is literally a divit where his finger was cut out! YUCK! That is going to take a while to heal!

Also, we are down to one duck. Our neighbors were being pains about the chickens and so we found a home for them (thanks Wadsworths! glad they are loved!). But today after school we are going to go get some more ducklings. QT misses his family of chicks. Look how big she is getting! She has even grown since I took this picture! More of her feathers have come in.

So tomorrow I'll post some pictures of our ducklings!

3 comments:

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

The cars are too darn cute! Ouch!! Poor Comptyn.

QT is HUGE!!

See you in a few.

terra said...

Great looking cars...so impressed they did them themselves. Complaining about chickens? are you kidding...what is complain about...at least they didn't file a lawsuit.

Trulee said...

I'm with you on the pine wood derby. Very strong dislike for it. I can't believe your neighbors were complaining about chickens. Our neighbors have chickens that wander into our yard often; McKay and I love watching them and talking about what they're doing/thinking. They're fun to try to catch, too. :)