Monday, March 29, 2010

Foot in Mouth.....started as me....ended up her!

So I took Daniel to the doctor today. (nothing serious.....antibiotic is gonna take care of it!) Anyhow, I was listening to this lady that was loud and drawing attention to herself. So of course when I was done waiting in line and got to sit down, where is the only place to sit? Directly across from her! Anyhow, She is telling me all these things about her children. One is in HS. I asked, "So how does she like the principal up there?" And I was going to say, "because he is my husband" but she just WENT OFF on him. OH BOY! At first I regretted asking the question (it is one I will never ask again!) But to make a long story short the problems started back at the Jr High between him and this family. So I just kindof bit my tongue, realized I was getting warmer and warmer (don't bad mouth my hubby!) but I asked for it! Then she said, "And one of his kids is in my son's class." BINGO! I saw my chance to take the foot from my mouth and insert it in hers! I asked, "What grade is he in?" She said "3rd". I said, "OH! So he is in Comptyn's class at LES! Mrs Lister!" She was all excited and said, "YES! How did you know?" I then said, "Comptyn is my son." She excitedly said, "REALLY!?!?!" Then the light bulb (or foot in her mouth) turned on and her entire countenance fell! IT WAS SO FUNNY! THen she started back peddling and it was great to watch! She had given me enough information about her daughter that I am sure Kevin will know who she is!

Moral of the story: Never bad mouth someone to a stranger! Or ask a question you aren't prepared for an answer you don't want!

7 comments:

Ladyfox said...

I was at a ball game on Saturday when I heard some parents talking about someone I knew. (I was eaves dropping) Thankfully it wasn't bad stuff, but it made me realize just how small this town is. Never talk about anyone behind their back cause someone around you will know them! Good work holding your tongue. I don't know if I could have done it!!

Montserrat said...

LOL too funny!

JJones said...

Never talk about anyone, period. You never know who is related to who, by marriage or divorce!

Taya said...

That is too funny!

The Fallon Schank's said...

Hmmm. I'm surprised--all I hear is good stuff about the principal! (Well, 'guess there's got to be one sour grape in every bunch.)

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

Ashley knows the boy in Comptyn's class. NOT GOOD!! She told us some scarey stuff at dinner last night. ZONKS!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

This is so funny! I bet she will be more careful next time she starts ranting to a stranger!