Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday Update

Well, it's been a while since I've updated. Mostly because nothing medical has really happened. I had my sister, Lora, here and then my family came for my birthday. So here are some pictures of the visits.


Wednesday night (when my sister flew in) someone donated 10 Suite tickets to Disney on Ice. So OF COURSE!, we went! Layton is Daniel's little buddy here in the picture. We had a ton of fun and great seats!


Friday Lora, Daniel and I went down to Monterey to the Aquarium. Always fun and amazing place!


This is at the Oakland Temple. Daniel was SO excited to be with Sammy! Just thought this was a cute picture!


Then of course all the boyz had to get in the picture! OK! Mom made them! :-)


We took the kids up to San Francisco to Pier 39. HAD to see the sea lions! Alcatraz is in teh back ground of out picture.


Back at the RMH there is a game room with a PS2, PS3, Wii, XBox and something else....I can't remember. But either way, the boyz were in heaven!


Furry Friends came when the kids were here. There were about 5 dogs. You can see Bryce telling a dog to sit in 'dog language'. He LOVED it!


We also took the kids to Ardenwood Historic Park in Fremont, CA. They had all kinds of animals. Here they are at the bunnies. It's a beautiful quiet place amongst the big cities. Just a turn of the century area that is preserved to look at. Tankhouse, blacksmith shop, country kitchens, etc. It was fun and relaxing!


The RMH has scooters and bikes to check out. Here we got some scooters for the kids to ride.

Daniel's clinicals went well this morning. We are cutting back his magnessium. It causes diarrhea and gas pains for him. So I am happy about that! He had his 3rd Xenapax infusion yesterday....no side effects, so that is good! We have labs tomorrow morning and then we are done for the week! Daniel is 8 weeks post transplant. We are excited to talking about his biospy already. If that comes back good, we get to go home. Daniel's is scheduled for the 21st of Nov and it takes a week to get all the results back. So we are hoping to move it up to the 19th so we can have results before Thanksgiving. And then get to go home when everyone comes out here!

2 comments:

Story Family said...

WOW! Looks like you guys had so much fun doing many different things. I can't believe how grown-up all the boys look. Where have I been??!

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

The pictures are great! Daniel and Sammy are just too cute together.

Did I miss something? What is this infusion he is getting? It doesn't ring a bell.

I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Did you get the Fallon Star artile I emailed you? I'll try and get some extra's for you.

Much love!