Thursday, October 9, 2008

Today's Clinical

We had clinical this morning and we saw Dr. Alexander and Dr. Conception (surgeon). FIRST....Daniel only woke up ONE TIME last night and didn't cry out in the night from nightmares! YEAH!
Anyhow, I went in prepared to 'gently persuade' them to not do the MAG3 test on Daniel. I found out last night Daniel's creatinine is back down to 0.4! Perfect! And the urine is his kidney is going away according to the Monday ultrasound. Well, they said, we have 2 pieces of good news and one bad. I asked for the good first. They said they felt they didnt' need to have the MAG3 done because everything looks good! I was excited about that. Then next news was, '"We are going to give you the bad news first.....since you don't have a pediatric nephologist near you in Fallon, we can't let you go home today." I WAS GOING TO GET TO GO HOME! Daniel is doing very well, but they don't have someone to send him back too. It wasn't too disappointing. I planned on being here for the full time. I didn't even know that was an option. But we can go to church on Sunday! I am REALLY excited about! So all in all it was a good day. I found out our little friend here, Layton, has a sinus infection and is in the hospital. Those kind of 'stay home and get better' illnesses are gone for Daniel. Atleast for a couple years.

3 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Glad to hear good news!

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

Home? You almost got to come home? Oh my heck that is so great!! Just drag on of those doctors up here!

Story Family said...

It is AMAZING that they're talking about home. I'm sure you can't wait. His smooth recovery is remarkable. Glad everything is going well.