Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer vacation & a birthday

Comptyn celebrated his 11th birthday.  He got mostly money as he couldn't decide what he wanted.  So he bought a 'new' (used from Lukie Games) DS, a new game and a few other things.  He attended his frist 11 year old Scout camp yesterday with mom.  We both had a good time.  It's fun to see how grown up he is getting. 


11 years ago I was cleaning out my fridge in Elko and I turned around for a second and this is what I find.  Ryan crawled in with his sippy cup.  Fast forward 11 years......
And RYAN cleans out the fridge.  Still young at heart......
he crawls in it with a water bottle.  :-)

Our first day of summer vacation we were working hard to get ready for our family reunion we were hosting here.  They boyz are learning to earn, save and spend money so they are all gun-ho on doing things to help around the house.  They also have to earn coupons to play Wii or their hand helds.  So I have them the options.  Monday here is every thing I got done from my children:  van cleaned out and vacuumed, all light fixtures and ceiling fans cleaned, fridge cleaned inside and out, trashes all emptied, walls and baseboards washed, cupboard doors washed, bathroom soaps filled and towels changed, knick knacks above kitchen cupboards all washed off/dusted....I am sure there are more, but I can't remember it all!  It only cost me $2.50!  Most of them wanted to use coupons. 

We have a huge bucket list of things to do this summer and I told the kids if we maintain, we will get to do them.  So far, so good!  Hope your summer is great, too!

2 comments:

JLMartin said...

love those now and then pics of ryan!

kate said...

Awesome pics! You are a very smart mom love your ideas!