Monday, January 2, 2012

Daniel's Monday update

So I was a little discouraged this morning when we found a new pox. Just one and it was actually over the spot where an old one was. After his bath it was 'popped' and so hopefully it will scab over soon. We did count only 97, so we are down 8 from yesterday. That is good. But at this point we are looking at Thursday maybe Friday probably for a release, if all goes well. Dr Wong said she likes to have all the scabs on and then do 1 more day of Aciclovir. I was thinking we would be scabbed by tomorrow, maybe Wednesday, but now we dont' know what is going to happen. Dr Wong is not on call now, it is Dr. Sutherland. So we'll see what his philosphy is tomorrow! Hopefully it's just scabs and go home!

Daniel is more active and definately over the 'not feeling well' part of the pox. He is only hooked up to IV (no vital hook ups) so he can get out of his chair and be tethered to about a six foot cord. He is getting 'bored' and so entertaining have been my main 'job' today. Play games, color with, we are painting after dinner. He is not my just watch TV kid, which would be kindof nice once in a while!

The pox by his bum-hole is totally gone. We have had 2 'happy' BMs today! :-) In fact, one he was singing during. That is a great improvement from screaming and crying and sweating. Not good memories.

Can you tell I forgot my camera cord? I have pictures, but can't post any. Oh well!

So I am going to sneak out to Target or Wal-Mart again after Daniel is asleep tonight and stock up on some more snacks for me (meals are WAY expensive here - $9 for a small salad and soup) and a few new coloring books for Daniel. I finished a GREAT book yesterday - "The Silence of God" by Gale Sears. LOVED it! Continuing President Monson's biography (good book, but if I am at all sleepy I fall asleep) and started "The Count of Monte Cristo" which is really good so far. That is over 500 pages, so I am glad it's good.

Until tomorrow!

4 comments:

daughter1 said...

Sorry it looks like you won't be home for a few more days. We are glad Daniel is feeling better. Our thoughts and prayers are with each of you.

love,
Gpa & Gma

daughter1 said...

Sorry it looks like you won't be home for a few more days. We are glad Daniel is feeling better. Our thoughts and prayers are with each of you.

love,
Gpa & Gma

Mary said...

Bummer! It sounds like he's on his way, so hopefully you'll be home soon. We're sending good vibes and prayers your way!

I love the Count of Monte Christo. Funny you say you were reading it because it was on TV last night and we were saying how good the book is.

Brenda said...

I am glad he is feeling better! I hope you get to go home soon!
Love ya!