Sunday, January 1, 2012

Daniel's update Sunday morning

So today is a better day! Last night as Daniel was trying to go to sleep it took about 2 hours as he started itching and itching and itching! Before he was in pain. I don't know which I prefer if I had to pick! At any rate, I have some Gold Bond anti-itch cream for some excema I have. Put that on the spots and THEN asked for permission. :-) We did get the permission to use it and today has been better. He was also suffering from a bunch of poxes right about the underwear line on this lower back. They are very irritated from laying in bed, then scooting up and them rubbing on the sheets. Those were hard to relieve. So he finally fell asleep about 10:45. We had a different night nurse and she was kindof noisy. Didn't get much sleep. Nap today!

Woke up about 6 am and Daniel took a bath. He wet all over during the night, so we needed to get that urine off him. Between IV and his drinking he gets over 3 liters of liquid a day. We counted 105 poxes (yesterday was 127) so we were very happy. No new ones and the most recent one was already drying up.

When Dr Wong came in she was very surprised how many have already scabbed over. She saw about 20 that needed to look better before a release. The sore ones on his back are really bad and we pray they don't get infected. That will delay our progress.

Well off to play a game with the chicken boy, as I call him!
Happy 2012 to all!

1 comment:

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

Hope you can get a nap today! Glad those pesky pox are going away!!