Monday, May 3, 2010

Trying a few new things in our house......

So we had a few new things happen here this past week. Sammy (for about a month) has been doing word searches. He's 4! Can't read what he's finding, but still loving them. I found these easy ones at the dollar store that have the first letter in the word bold in the puzzle. That made it easier for him. He picked it up from Nathan who actually has been doing word searches for about a year. He can't read any of the words, either. Keeps them quiet during church, when the do them!

Daniel is pretty proud of his new talet.....blowing bubbles. He goes thru about 4 pieces of gum a day!

Then the other night at dinner I steamed a few artichokes and introduced the kids to them. We dipped them in Ranch. Next time we are doing garlic butter. Nathan and Smmmy didn't want to even try them! Maybe next time. But they were a hit!



2 comments:

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

Never thought of Ranch for artichokes. Gonna have to give that a try. All three of my kids love them!!

JJones said...

When I was pregnant and horribly sick, I absolutely craved artichokes. It would always be in the middle of winter and nothing but fresh would satisfy. It was a very sad time. What makes artichokes so delicious?