Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Part 1 of who knows how many!

OK....so I am finally getting to my blog! I will refer to Make-A-Wish as MAW. So MAW has a "Sending off party" for the family before we left. This first picture is of the mode of transportation that picked up the boyz and Kevin to drive them to the party! (I followed in the van.) I really need to figure out the video part of this so you could see the kids jumping ALL OVER the lawn when it pulled up. Daniel was a little nervous (as you can see in his picture) as he was sitting up front with the fire chief. Daddy and the boyz were all in the back.



Debbie (and her husband Dave.....currently deployed) was our MAW represenative here in Fallon. She has helped us from the get go! It has been wonderful to have her because she has been with Nathan for the past 2 1/2 years he was in pre-school! So she is a good friend of the family! We had a pizza party at the Pizza Barn. Were able to invite a few close friends. Had yummy pizza, ice cream cake and an employee that made balloon animals! Daniel was VERY excited to keep the airplanes on the cake. And the balloon animals R & friend K are holding are ducks and penguins. Don't tell them they look the same....they'll get after you for it! :-)



So Wednesday morning comes and we hear a 'car' pull up in front of our house. Here is our transportation to the airport! A cadillac SUV stretch limo! Bryce about peed himself when he came tearing out of his room to tell us! It was hilarious!



The boyz SO anxiously awaiting for the plane to arrive. They did well thru security. I really hate the takign off the shoes part! But we survived! We were there with LOTS of time! Ironically they checked the water in the twin's cups, but not any of Daniel's medicines. Oh well! We got thru!

Many 'firsts' for us and the boys! First limo ride.......Here are their first plane rides......Bryce, "This is SO exciting I cannot hear myself!"



We landed in Utah about 1 pm and went to get our car. They had a Chevy Suburban reserved for us......brought out a Yukon. Couldn't fit kids AND luggage in the Yukon, so we ended up with a 12 passenger Econoline.....Suburban was not available. So we pilled in all 9 pieces of our luggage (3 were car seats....so I think we packed good!) and headed to Chuck-O-Rama! (A great Utah Buffet!) We filled everyone up on food.....checked into our 2 rooms at the downtown Hilton in Salt Lake City and then piled back in the car! We took the kids to their first movie theater! Utah has GREAT $1.50 shows! 8 of us at a movie for $12. They all got a small popcorn, pop and candy so snacks were $39! Couldn't get all of us in just a movie in Nevada for that much! It was fun to see the kids so excited!

So after the movie we go back to our hotel and there is a room service table in there full of these goodies! Long story short.....lady I use to nanny for, knows Sales Manager at Hilton.....we got a "Welcome to the Hilton" bedtime snack for the kids! They thought they were just the cream of the crop!

So we got up Thursday morning, did baths and showers, dressed kids all nicely and met the MAW escorts down in the lobby. We went to the Deseret Book store by Temple Square. Were allowed to go on a little shopping spree! Kids were in heaven! (OK...so was mom!) We bought above and beyond what our little spree was. It was fun! Then we went to the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for lunch at THe Garden! I LOVE the restaurant and realized I didn't take ANY pictures in there! It's a beautiful restaurant. MAW paid for that, too! This last picture was in the lobby of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Look how beautiful that place is!

OK.....so my next entry will be the visit with President Monson, because after lunch that is where were headed. I am going to just cut and paste from my journal, however.....so maybe tonight after kids are in bed!

2 comments:

mom said...

I can't wait for the next part.

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

HURRY! I can't wait to see and hear more!!