Thursday, November 12, 2009

Crayon in the dryer......


OK...So I am sure some of you have experienced pulling out a clean load of laundry only to discover that there was a crayon in one of the pant's pockets! This has happened 2 times to me! So this last time I was a little upset......6 pairs of jeans, 5 shirts, 3 pairs of socks, not to mention underwear and pjs. So I did what I always do (OK not ALWAYS....but a lot!) to solve my problems....GOOGLED! I found this concotion that WORKED! I wanted to share it if this has happened or will happen to any of you! I should have done a before and after picture, but here is the underwear (I didnt' clean those....who looks at those?!) and a sock that looked just like it!

TOTALLY CLEAN!!!!!!
So here is the miracle concoction:

2 C liquid tide
1 C liquid Oxyclean
1/4 cup of Borax
1/2 cup of liquid Shout
1/2 cup of vinegar

Put that all in a bathtub with hot water......throw in clothes.....soak for 24 hours....DONE! Wring out and throw in washing machine. Don't add detergent as you already have enough. It was my VERY happy moment of the day! I was so glad all those clothes were saved!

2 comments:

Hanna said...

That is a sad day when you open the dryer to discover that! We've washed chapstick, ball point pen and marker...hoping that we won't wash crayons anytime soon! But, thanks to you I can now get it out if needs be! :) Glad it worked for you!

Elizabeth "Betsy" said...

Does that work for chocolate too? I somehow got a hershey kiss in the load and it melted all over my shirt!