Monday, November 30, 2009

Daniel's Tube......

Many of you know that Daniel has been getting weaned off his feeding tube. Last Saturday (9 days ago) we took out his tube to try nights without any liquids! We had a little cutting up party....see the pictures below. (Ryan had to have his penguin in the pictures!) Anyhow, Wednesday morning Kevin took Daniel in for labs for the final results! If his creatinine level stayed at 0.5 we were done! On our way out of town for Thanksgiving we picked up the lab results and......0.5!!! We are done with the tube! We were all screaming in the van we were all so happy! Daniel was a little embarrassed and hid his face in his blanket, but has LOVED being able to get completely dressed by himself....shirt and all! Too much tape and things before! Anyhow, we had yet ANOTHER wonderful thing to grateful for this year!


4 comments:

kate said...

What a handsome boy! Those feeding tubes are such a pain, congrats on getting rid of it for good! :)

Sandi said...

Yeahoo! No more NG tube & tape! Congratulations!

P.S. I love the tube-cutting-up party idea.

Trulee said...

What wonderful news! I'm so excited for you and for Daniel. Love reading your blog, by the way.

Unknown said...

I am so glad I love you all so much. These pics make me so happy to see how well he is doing. We may have a crazy family, but I would take all the craziness times ten if it meant that I still had you as a sister, and those awesome nephews of mine. Love you guys.