Well, this was a pretty interesting trip! We left Monday about 4:30 when Kevin got home from work. Arrived in Palo Alto at 10 pm. So good traffic, obviously. We got up to the hospital about 7:30 and started the day! The biopsy was successful as far as getting thru the tough exterior. One stick! We were grateful for that. We did get some news that we have maxed out Daniel'd $500,000 transplant policy. They made an exception of this biopsy. Which is good. It costs $25,000. We will be looking into the insurance thing. I think we still have a little left. $100,000 or so. Anyhow, the recovery went pretty good. Daniel did ahve a little blood in his urine afterwards, which is common. He was having a struggle keeping his blood pressure up. It was in the 80's and needed to be in upper 90's and 100's. They tried all different kinds of things. About 10 pm when we were suppose to be getting discharged, they ran some labs and did an ultrasound on him (that was actually at 11:30 pm). They thought he might have been bleeding internally and that is why his BP was low. He wasn't responding to everything. I was not too concerned about being there so late. I, too, was concerned about his low BP. I think it had to do with him sitting on my lap in a hospital bed for the last 10 hours, but just to make sure.....
So Dr. Grimm finally gave us the green light to go back to the hotel. We got to sleep about 2 am!
We got up and on the road about 10 am to come home. I had put my cell phone on vibrate the night before so we could sleep and missed the 6 calls that were coming from Stanford! Apparently the results of the biopsy came back. There was some tissue from the small intestines in the biopsy. Which means they perferated the small intestines! They do the biopsy guided by ultrasound, but you can't see the small intestines very well on the ultrasound. So we were almost to Sacramento when we finally heard all this. We were to go straight to our hospital and get some more labs done and an x-ray. Plus we were to start 2 anti-biotics to kill anything that might be in the small instestines. We stopped about an hour later and noticed Daniel's urine had blood in it again. He was fine up to this point. So we called and they told us to go directly to the ER when we got to Fallon. SOOOOOO, we spent 5 hours in ER last night and THEN came home! X-rays, ultrasound looked good. They were looking for built up air in the abdomen. He was fine! The lab results came back good. His hemaglobin levels was up. So that is good, too! We were discharged to watch his urine and LOTS and LOTS of fluids! This morning when he peed, there was hardly any tinge of pink. If I hadn't been looking for it, I don't think I would have noticed. So that is good. I knwo our prayers will be answered! They already have been and he is on the mend! Hopefully no more set backs!
Thanks, again, to grandpa and grandma for watching the kids for us! You are lifesavers! We never have to worry about hte kids! We worry about YOU guys! But not the kids! But you seem to survive and keep coming back for more! :-)
3 days ago

5 comments:
What a scare! I am glad all is well.
Wow that is scary to have to go to the ER. I hope you guys can chetch up on your sleep. I would not be able to stay awake that whole time.
Well that was quite a trip now wasn't it?
I am glad you are all home and doing much better.
Love ya!!
I am so glad everything is alright! You had me in tears there for a few seconds. We will continue to think of you often and keep you in our prayers!
We missed you at Bunco, but I am glad that things are going better for Daniel.
Post a Comment