I have always wanted to take my kids to some orchards or farms and have them pick their own fruits and veggies. Not only is it cheaper, but I think it would be fun! As we drive back and forth and back and forth to Palo Alto, we see all kind of farms and wondered where we could do it! We are going to southern California next month (thanks to a wonderful friend of ours!) and thought it would be fun on the drive back to do that. I then received a magazine in the mail about a week later with the following website:
www.pickyourown.org
You pick the state you want to research and it lists a bunch of places! It's a fun website! You'll have to try it out! Might be something fun to do this summer when kids are out of school! Plus I might be able to get some canning done! Prices or pre-picked just aren't economical!
8 hours ago

1 comment:
We used to do U-pick a lot when I lived in Oregon, tomatoes, peaches, grapes, & beans.
I thought it was cool because a lot of it is honor system up there. You pick and then you leave money for what you took in a jar or box on a table. It's neat that there are still places where people are honest enough for it to work!
It is a lot of work though, and after all my summer jobs of picking blueberries & beans on farms, it doesn't really sound like much fun.
Post a Comment