3 days ago
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Thursday Reoort
Well, Daniel is doing just great! His Prograf level has been a little high, so we are adjusting meds to figure that one out. We go to labs again tomorrow along with his breathing treatment for pneumonia. (He doesn't have it, it's just the meds to prevent it.) Anyhow, today was clinicals and he had his biospy changed to next Friday. 78 days post transplant. They aren't too concerned that it's not 90 post transplant. They said he's been doing so good all along that they aren't worried. So that will mean 13+ hours in the hospital. It's all outpatient but we show up at 8:30 am for 3 hours of IV hydration and then the procedure will take only about 1 hour. Then we are back to the day hosptial where they watch for blood in the urine, keep him laying down (good luck!) and just make sure everything goes well. So we'll leave about 10-11 pm they said. They said that it's kindof tricky as they roll him to the side and hope all his bowels fall to the bed so the kidney is face up and there is only skin, cavity lining and then the kidney. They use ultrasound to do everything, but there are still the occassional oopsies of hitting a capillary (sp?) or whatever blood vessels run in the kidney. So that is why they watch for blood. Treat with antibiotic and they are good. Then 1 week after that we should get to go home! So I will actually wait and see before we determine what we will do as far as stay here for a few days until the family comes over for Thanksgiving or actually go home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good luck with that! It sounds like he is still continuing to do great. What a little trooper!
I hope, I hope, I hope you get to come home in a little over a week!!! I am glad that Daniel is doing so well and I can't wait to see how much he has grown!
such good news, YEAH!
GREAT news! We'll continue to pray for good biopsy results. Thanksgiving will take on a whole new meaning this year for your family and all who love "Dainty Daniel."
Post a Comment