Tuesday, November 25, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL!

WE ARE GOING HOME! YEAH!! Words can not express how extremely happy we are right now! Tears still come to my eyes and I have known for over 30 minutes! So a very big thank you goes out to all of you who have prayed, fasted or thought of Daniel for the last 3 months! Thanks to you we have had a pretty smooth ride thru all of this. A few bumps, but nothing major! We have been touched deeply by everyone who has sent their love, or cards or packages to Daniel (and me) thru this. Thank you for everyone (and I know I will never know the incredible amount) of people who have helped my family back in Fallon. Thank you!
So what does this mean for Daniel's future? Well, he is very susceptible to colds, rashes, any illness others have or maybe carrying. The first year is the most critical for the new kidney. But even after that, he will still take a lot longer to heal and more than likely be hospitalized for common illnesses you and I can take care of at home. That would mean coming back here to CA and being admitted here at Lucille Packard Children's Hospital. For that reason, we are going to be asking everyone to be conscientious of his health, please. I don't want to come spend more time here than the normal monthly visits! We will be getting Germ-X for people coming into our home to use. And ask if you have a cold or more to please keep your distance from Daniel at church or other places we might see you. We will, in no way, be offended! On the contrary! We will greatly appreciate your thoughtfulness in the matter! We found out that even if you are anti-biotics, the 'you are not contagious' 24 hour period does not work for Daniel as the doctors have said that other people in the same family could easily be carrying the germ. So THAT will be fun when someone in our household gets sick! We will have to quarantine them to a bedroom or something! Haven't figured that out yet!
Anyhow, thank you! To everyone! We have really felt blessed beyond measure for the little miracles and safety we have been able to witness and have.
I have one more really cool entry about the 10,000 origami paper crane chandelier they hoisted up here on Saturday. I will input that later tonight after Daniel is asleep! As for now, I AM GOING TO PACK!

7 comments:

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

Oh Amy! I am so happy! What a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I can't wait to see you both!

Anonymous said...

HURRAY!! We are so excited and we will make sure we keep our distance when sick. I can't wait to see Daniel in Primary (hard to think that he will be in Sunbeams).

de Arrieta said...

Hip . . . HIP . . . HURRAY!! May the Lord bless you even more!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sandi said...

WAHOO! That is incredible news! I guess it's a good thing we don't live nearby anymore to contaminate your home with the viruses which so often plague ours! Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving and give everyone in your family a big hug from ours!

Marc and Cindy said...

We are so happy for you! You have all been in our prayers continually.

Ladyfox said...

Whoa!! I am soooo happy for you all. There is a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!! I will count your blessings as well as my own. Thank you for sharing this experience with all of us.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

YAY!