Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tuesday Morning Report

Well, after finally getting to San Jose Sunday night (plane was delayed 2 hours...but I finished one book and started another!) and getting to bed at the wee early hours of Monday morning, Daniel had labs a few hours later. His creatinine came back at 0.6 (0.5 is his base) and his Prograf level was 14 (should have been 7-10....this effects the creatinine level.) So we had to lower his prograf and repeat labs Wednesday morning. I hope it had something to do with the time change and getting meds sooner than normal. So we will see tomorrow!
Daniel's biopsy is scheduled for Monday, Nov 17th. I kept saying it was 3 weeks away when it is actually 2 weeks away! YEAH! That means 3 weeks from now I could be leaving RMH! YEAH! It takes a week to get the report. They look for cell rejection in the kidney and the toxicity level of prograf in his kidney. Ironically enough, the prograf is a toxin to the kidney, so that is why they start his level up high and are weaning him down to a 'safe' range. Anyhow, that is our next big hurdle is to 'pass' that biopsy. I am a little nervous becuase my friend Leah and her son Layton had to postpone their trip home and spend a week in the hosptial because he got a staph infection during the biopsy! So we'll just add that to our prayers and pray Daniel will be fine!

No comments: