Well, there is good news and not so good news. Let's start with good. I have in my possession the results of Daniel's biospy. Here are some quotes from it that you'll understand or I'll explain briefly: "More that 30 glomeruli are seen, of which none are either segmentally or globally sclerosed." That means they aren't hard at all! YEAH! "Multiple foci of ealry tubular atrophy are seen...." First of all early tubular atrophy is expected and seen in all biopsy, Dr. Grimm said. They aren't surpised by that because of the high dose of Prograf he started at. That is why they wean him down to a lower dose over time. "No significant interstitial fibrosis is observed." Which means the tissues are not tough. "Arterioles are unremarkable." The arterioles carry the blood. This has to do with his blood pressure. It is remaining high enough that those little arterioles are receiving the blood pressure they need so they don't die! And here is my favorite line: "There is no evidence of either tubolinterstitial (tissue) or vascular (blood vessels) rejection." SO YEAH!! I am VERY happy for that last sentence especially. So that is all I could decipher from these notes. Bad news: there is still MORE I don't know what it means and don't fee like googling. They review biopsy results every Friday and since Daniel's biopsy was last Friday, tomorrow will be when they discuss the results. That means we don't have a release date yet. Dr. Grimm said everything looked great, but wants to talk to talk to Dr. Alexander first. So Monday we go back for another clinical and we'll hopefully be told to GET OUT OF HERE! I am packing anyhow and planning on meeting my family at Brenda's for Thanksgiving with all our stuff!
Thank you, everyone, who has offered prayers, fasted for or sent good thoughts Daniel's way. They have worked! I, again, heard that his a text book example of everything going right. We haven't had any set backs at all. And our family thanks you for that!
While we were leaving the office there was these 3 people there taking some pictures for a renal transplant brochure they are making. The lady, Jody, saw Daniel walk by (I was still in the room cleaning up his toys) and I heard her say, "Who is this? He is adorable! Where is his mother?" So needless to say, we stayed 45 more minutes because they took a TON of pictures of him by himself, him with Dr. Grimm and him with me. Jody said that she designs the brochure and Daniel will DEFINATLY be in it because he is the cutest kid she has seen up there. I can't argue with that! So when they post the pictures in a couple weeks, I'll put some on here! Funny, huh?
3 days ago

3 comments:
We've been anxiously waiting for your news...hope you get to go home soon!
HOORAY!! Sounds like everything is perfect! I didn't catch any not-so-good news. I am so thankful everything seems well and release dates are forthcoming!
We are so happy for you! What a meaningful Thanksgiving you will have this year!
I have been waiting, not very patiently to see this. I am bummed that you are not on your way home right now! I am, however, thrilled that Daniel is doing so well and that you will be home very soon. Every time I see the boys I ask them for the countdown to coming home. I am going to add a feather to my "What I'm thankful for turkey" that Daniel has done so wonderfully and has so many people rooting for him. Much Love!
Post a Comment