So Friday afternoon I went outside with my trainer and her Kaia group and I ran 5K. So the first half (1.5 miles) was INTO the wind.....could never catch my breath! Side cramp 1/2 mile into the run. Turned around at 1.5 miles to complete the 5K and it was a little better. Cramp got better, my breathing still struggled although it was better than against the wind. I did finish, however, but I think only because I wanted to get to the car faster....had to go pee! :-)
Time? Embarassed to say it was 37:36. Walked probably 1/5 of it to make the cramp lessen. That cold wind wrecked havoc on my lungs the rest of the night. Felt like I had pneumonia. About 10:30 that night (6 1/2 hours later) I was finally able to cough out the last flem and the burning in my lungs went away when I breathed. Better luck next time!
Good news.....my knees and my hip only ache. No sharp pains. (No cartiledge in knees and bursitis in right hip. Getting OLD!) My GREAT trainer ran the last half with me and was such a great cheerleader! She pointed out (when I told her how disappointed I was in my run) that 2 months ago I would have probably laughed at her if she would have suggested running 3 miles! She is right.
3 days ago

2 comments:
No reason to be embarrassed by that time. How many people do you know who can run 3 miles at all? You did great!
Hang in there. You're doing great.
Post a Comment