Friday, February 25, 2011

My run this morning

The bikes in my cycling class were full so I decided to run my 5K on an elliptical. I have bursitis in my right hip that flared up when I was training last week on the treadmill. Just now starting to feel good. So I am 'running' on the elliptical. Anyhow, ran 5K (3.1 miles) in under 40 minutes. In fact it was about 36! So maybe I should push 35 minute 5K. I realized a few things today. 1. I am a 'run to the beat of hte music' kindof girl. So I had to keep finding fast beat music to keep my steps per minute up there in the 160s. 2. My lungs as amazing! I use to have asthma when I'd run and things. I don't know if it's a change in my eating (less carbs or sugar or something) but I never felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest.....just one running on my legs....OH WAIT! That was me! 3. I LOVE TO RUN! I use to run track in HS and forgot how much I love running! and 4. I STINK! Gotta go jump in the shower! Done eating my protein. I can't stand my stench!
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

I wish I loved to run!

kate said...

Good work, you are superwoman!

mom said...

I wish I loved to run too. I DO NOT!

April said...

That is awesome, Amy!! I love to run also, but can't run outside due to the fact that I always seem to injure myself. So it's treadmill in the winter and bicycling in the warmer months. Keep up the good work!!