Friday, November 19, 2010

Making something old....'new'

So here is one of our Lazy Boy recliners. They are 5 years old. Microfiber (big thing back then) that I will never get again is now worn and from wear and oils from hands and head. They are still in VERY good shape....comfy, sturdy....just ugly! $60 a slip cover.....times 2! I figured I could do something myself for cheaper. So I was only half right. I did do it for cheaper ($25 a chair) but not by myself!

Here is my friend that told me I better not post this picture Daniel took of her....OOPS! (She looks great, doesn't she?) So Terra came over expecting (as did I) a simple 2 hour make over......5 hours later we have.......drum roll please!...............

(Kids got a hold of the camera some more!)



TA! DA! Doesn't it look FABULOUS! I am amazed and Terra's many talents! Now I can add this one to her list! I thought Kevin and I could do the other chair, but when do we have 5 hours together other than Sunday? I might have to bribe her to come back and help me. (I know you read this, Terra....so prepare yourself with an excuse!) :-)

I want to be more hands on this time so I can do it in the future. I made the mistake of throwing 2 pressure cookers of beans on to can during all this. So I kept jumping up and checking the psi!

THANKS TERRA! You are an angel! We LOVE it!

4 comments:

JLMartin said...

It looks awesome. I'm very impressed!

Beth said...

Well, when it's time to cover my microfiber couch and love seat, I'll call on you, Terra, and Jennifer to help! Looks great.

kate said...

It looks even better in person, and it is VERY comfortable. Good Job Girls!!

agratefulheart said...

Nice job, ladies!