Saturday, June 19, 2010

YW Camp 2010

Once again, I had SO much fun! I reinjured my calf muscle on the way up there. Pranking the cars in our caravan up. We were stopped at construction and I jumped out and ran up to pound on the windows and scare them. It worked, but on the way back to our van, I felt my calf pop. MAN! Did it hurt! Just sitting in the car it was killing me, let alone walk on it! So we stopped in Quincy and I got an ace bandage for it. The next day was our big and strenuous hike, I needed to go. Once we got to camp, too, Kevin and Sam administered to me. The blessing lasted 72 hours! :-) I did great on the hike and the rest of the week of camp. When we came down off the mountain yesterday I felt like I had just injured it. I could barely walk on it. Today is even worse and I have a HUGE UGLY bruise on it! I am grateful for my prayer being answered and the blessing working for me while I was up there. Now I can take care of it and get it healed up, hopefully, for good.
So we, in my opinion, were give the BEST camp sites there. Here is our view:

Don't you agree? There were so many things we did up there. Here are a few of them:

This is called "Ants on a Log" and the girls have to always have 3 on at a time. If they don't, they start all over. So if someone falls or gets down before someone else gets on, they start over.

This is the scaling wall. Object is to get all the girls over the wall with only 2 people at the top and girls below. I love the team work and positive peer pressure here. There is one girl who refused to go. She (with positive peer pressure) did it! I was so proud of her and the other girls for doing so good with her.




I saved the best for last. Here is just one picture along the way on our hike. It was SO gorgeous! I am so blessed to be able to enjoy this hike once a year. I think we are going to go up sometime and take the kids hiking on it! It's too beautiful not to share!

The girls at the top of the trail climb on top of Chuck and the view from their is UNBELIEVABLE!

This doesn't even do it justice as I didn't climb Chuck because of my calf muscle. But just imagine seeing the entire lake with out any trees in the way.


So that, in a nutshell, was YW Camp. I, for some reason, didn't get any pictures of the snow piles still left on the ground. We froze at night (seeing our breath) but the days were PERFECT! Thanks to everyone who made this so wonderful! I hope I get to go back next year!

(PS There are more pictures on Facebook if you are dying for more!)

No comments: