



Old McKevin had a farm.....E-I-E-I-O!



We are sad to have some dear friends moving in a few weeks, but the one bright side is we 'inherited' some chicken! 9 to be exact! The kids say they finally have pets! I am glad! Chickens are productive and lay eggs! I'll take those kind of pets! So we have some Banties, Rhode Island Reds and Leghorns. There are a few others we haven't figured out yet. Ryan is going to join 4H so he can learn all about these things! We are pretty excited....kids ALL went out in 21 degree weather this morning to water them! They were happy no coyotes ate them. I keep reassuring them they are safe, but when you hear them howeling at night it still makes them nervous. But they included the chickens in their prayers.....good teaching moment of answered prayers! :-)

4 comments:
that reminds me of when baby ryan came to visit our 4-h sheep.
Wow, chickens!
Steve wanted chickens when we lived in Fallon, but thought they weren't allowed in the CC&Rs. Way to find a loophole!
Hello from WI!
I just showed the kids the pictures and they LOVE the chickens! Now they are singing, "Uncle Kevin had a farm, E-I-E-I-O!"
Love you everyone~
Aunt Lora and family
Post a Comment