I have been trying, lately, to figure out "What I Have Gotten Done?" and my "BEST" things (not just good or better....but BEST things) that I need to do in my life. I don't feel like I get a whole lot accomplished during the day. At least the stuff I feel NEEDS to get done. It spins my life out of control slowly. I am getting to that point again. I have come to conclusion we will NEVER be able to add on to the house for more space, so I am trying to maximize the space I have. Make things more organize. More sane in my mind and eyes.
The first impressions of my home when you enter were filled with a broken air hockey table with totes of legos, lincoln logs and other toys shoved under it. The coat closet was constantly 'throwing up' coats and back packs ALL OVER my floor! The door was never shut. I had the DVD case right there and it was just crowded and overwhelming to me. I hope people understood a bunch of little boyz live here. But I wanted to change that. Get more organized, simpler. So I disposed of the air hockey table, moved the totes and visited Lowes! Here was a kindof before.....(forgot to take picture with junk there)
SEE? The back packs where puked out of the closet!!! And that is where the air hockey table use to be.

Sample of the paint....YEP! Love it! So when all is said and done, I get.....

TA! DA! I am SO in love with this wall! I sit and smile when I look at it. The color is so warm and calming, to me.

My $3.50 shelf from Saver's. Love the quote. When I put the picture of the Savior up there, it brought deeper meaning to the word 'Home'.

6 hooks. One for each boy. You can see they are at school as nothing is there. Three older boyz have the top 3 hooks, younger boyz on the bottom. Of the hooks, the lower prong gets the back pack and the upper prong is their coat!

I got these little cubbie/benches for $49.99 each at Target. So each kid has a cubbie to put their shoes, hat, mittens, etc.

Paint: $25
Shelf: $3.50
Hooks & molding: $45
Benches: $100
Cubbies: $33
Mom's sanity: PRICELESS!
(Yes, quote is from Pinterest! Don't think I can do a project now w/o a Pinterest influence!) :-)

7 comments:
Love that you are so organized! Also love the new wall with all the things you have done to make it more attractive when you enter your home.
It looks awesome! I have a glass block with "Believe" on it...I think I made it around Christmastime. I put it next to my bed and it reminds me of that song. I LOVE it!
Love it...and you always get so many things done!
You inspire me to get projects done at my own house. Looks amazing! I think it's so much easier to keep my house clean if I have bins or somewhere to put something.
Yes, that's a great song and you did a great job with your entry! What color paint did you use? At least in the photos it looks like my verde antique that I have in my living room and bedroom.
Looks awesome, Amy! Way to go! I love it too!
Great job Amy! It looks great!
Post a Comment